Friday, July 31, 2009

The most beautiful hat in the world...

Is finished. I can't bring myself to take a picture of it since it's the middle of the night and I know that no picture taken inside in the middle of the night will do it justice. Hell, no picture will do this hat justice. It is truely amazing.

It was totally worth working on for 2 hours, then ripping it completely apart and starting over because I thought I was doing it wrong (I wasn't) and because I noticed that I had somehow
  • Dropped one stitch on the edge (89 stitches)
  • Picked up two stitches (91 stitches)
I still cannot figure out HOW I did that.

Mom put it on her head and asked me when I was making myself one. This means that I know exactly what she's getting for Christmas now. Not only a hat, but a matching scarf, and possibly mittens. In red.

Also, I cast on Patons Lace Top, which will hopefully be beautiful.

Last night, I fell asleep with my foot touching what I thought was the foot of a stuffed animal (I share my bed with two large white tigers) but, as it turns out, was a skein of yarn. Yes, I slept with yarn last night. No, I am not proud of that.

This morning, while getting ready to leave for a drive across the state, I spotted the missing ball of that Salt and Pepper yarn (the mice seem to enjoy returning things) and realized that the earlier I intend on leaving for something, the later I will actually leave. This morning, the intention was to leave at 9:30. At 10, we were leaving. The last time I was to leave my house at 8 am, my car battery died and I didn't leave until almost 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment